Good news if you are having trouble creating a ketogenic diet! We have listed what you need to know and appropriate nutrients for ketogenic nutrition.
The sources of protein you consume in the ketogenic diet are generally considered reliable. It’s important not to overdo it here.
- Fatty red meat,
- Chicken meat,
- Turkey meat,
- The fish,
- Offal (such as liver and spleen),
- Processed meat types (salami, sausage, smoked meat),
- Deep sea fish,
- Milk (especially if UHT),
- Poorly produced meat products (animals fed antibiotics, ready-to-eat animals).
Carbohydrates are our most important sensitivities in the ketogenic diet. What you need to pay attention to here is the quality and quantity of carbohydrates.
- Vegetables (such as broccoli, lettuce, spinach, chard, cabbage, leek),
- Low sugar fruits (avocado, lime, coconut, grapefruit, etc.),
- Coconut flour or almond flour.
Legumes such as beans, lentils can be consumed in a limited way.
- Sugary fruits (banana, mango grapes),
- Wheat flour and other wheat products,
- Products containing dense starch, such as potatoes.
Fat is the most important caloric source of the ketogenic diet. So it’s important to make a good choice. Also, note that poor choices can cause blood fat to deteriorate.
- Extra virgin olive oil (for raw use),
- Coconut oil (for cooking and raw use),
- Butter (for cooking).
- Seed oils (sunflower, corn, canola),
Since the ketogenic diet is very limited, it usually contains unsavory foods. This situation requires more sauce. But now many sauces are supplemented with fructose syrup, which is a complete carbohydrate store. The sauces that we recommend will be mustard without sugar addition and mayonnaise prepared by yourself.
Nuts are our friend because they contain healthy fat and many other important foods. What you need to pay attention to here is quantity. As long as you know your limits, you can consume almost all nuts.
Due to the lack of calorie load itself is very often preferred support in the diet. Although it does not harm the ketogenic diet, you should avoid sweeteners that have very big question marks. If you are going to use sweetener, natural stevia is the best choice.