Almost all of us are in trouble with unwanted hair. There are many ways to get rid of unwanted hair. But none of them has a lasting effect as much as laser hair removal. It is said by many aesthetic experts that the best time to get rid of unwanted hair in the body in winter. Laser hair removal is the fastest and most effective way to get rid of unwanted hair. It can be applied easily in women and men. The success rate of laser epilation varies according to skin and color structure. Laser treatment can be applied to every part of the body. The duration of the session varies depending on the region. Here is detailed information about laser hair removal!
It is thought by everyone that laser hair removal can be harmful.
If it is applied under the supervision of a specialist and with the right treatment, there is no reason to fear. Epilation has no known side effects and harm. As is known, the epilation devices used in laser epilation vary according to the light intensity. Laser light that destroys the hair root by targeting it can cause skin irritation, burning and staining if the patient is not selected in accordance with the hair color and skin condition of the patient. You should make sure that the epilation center is licensed and supervised by a dermatologist.
Is Pain Suffering in Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal was a painful procedure in the past. However, since the nozzles of the latest technological devices are cooled, only slight warming can be felt. If the pain threshold is low, very sensitive people can be prevented from feeling pain by using local anesthetic creams or pain medication before the procedure. Redness on very sensitive skin may persist for 2-3 days. After the session, just like sunburn, some creams may be applied.
What is the duration of laser hair removal sessions?
The laser session is completed at different time depending on the width of the application area. For example, large areas such as complete legs, back, average 1-1.5 hours; smaller areas such as the armpit, bikini area, face 10-15 minutes; regions such as mustache and chin are completed in 2-3 minutes.
How Many Sessions Does Laser Hair Removal Require?
The frequency of sessions in the epilation area is usually 1 month in the face and 1-2 months in the body. Body hairs are found in three stages of development called anagen, catagen, and telogen. Each hair root passes through these circuits independently at different times. Laser hair removal mostly affects the hairs in the anagen period. Therefore, it is not possible to remove all hairs in the region in a single session. During the laser epilation session, care must be taken with care and without skipping the area. If some areas are skipped without light scans, it may be seen that after 2-3 weeks of the session, generally smooth skin is obtained, while in some regions hairs remain the same.
Laser Hair Removal
- Application is not performed in pregnancy. There is no notification in the medical world yet.
- It should not be applied to those at risk of pregnancy.
- The laser sees the pigment called melanin, which gives black light to the light and burns it. If melanin is not present in the hair, the color of the hair will be white and the laser light will not burn this hair. Yellow hair does not contain melanin in the same way.
- Laser epilation is never performed in patients with skin cancer.
- If there is an active lesion on the skin, it should not be shot until the lesion passes.
- Although it does not cause any harm, hair removal is not recommended under the age of 18 as it is not guaranteed to end because the process of puberty continues.