Sore throat is very uncomfortable, and it prevents you from thinking about anything else because of the pain. If you experience severe pain while swallowing or even breathing, your overall health will deteriorate.
This pain may be the beginning of a cold, for example, throat angina. You can consider the following natural remedies to improve your sore throat quickly and effectively.
Of course, you should not forget to see a doctor for more than a week or in the presence of fever and swelling.
What are the Best Home Treatments for Sore Throat?
The necessary materials are extremely easy to find and many of them are already available in your home. These are materials that you can easily obtain from the market even if you are not at home.
1/8 tablespoon of red pepper mixed with half a cup of hot water and gargle several times a day. Pay attention to the amount of red pepper you use, because this mixture is very strong and hot.
Add a teaspoon of salt to a cup of hot water and wash your throat with it every hour. Do not swallow it.
Apple Cider Vinegar
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar with a cup of hot water to mix. Let it cool down and gargle at one-hour intervals.
For this to be effective, it must be fresh and ground. Add 3 teaspoons of ginger per cup of boiling water. Leave it for 5 minutes and add a sachet of tea or a tablespoon of honey.
With this tea, sore throat almost immediately relieves. You can prepare this using 1 tablespoon dry oregano per cup of boiling water. Strain the tea, let cool and gargle.
Honey and Lemon Tea
This tea is one of the most popular options and is very easy to prepare. Just add two tablespoons of honey and one lemon juice per cup of boiling water. After adding an ordinary sachet tea to this mixture, allow to cool for a while and slowly. Your sore throat will alleviate immediately.
Licorice Root Tea
Prepare and sip this tea using one or two pieces of licorice root per cup of water. Another idea is to prepare tea bags containing licorice root or even chew some to allow the root to mix with your saliva. This is good for your throat.
It is recommended that you use caution when using it, because it may increase blood pressure if you consume too much.
Not recommended for pregnant women or people suffering from hypertension.
You can chew a few cloves to soothe the pain you are swallowing. Cloves can also gargle with this, as it will help fight almost any type of infection. You can easily obtain cloves in the form of small bags from shops selling dietary products.
Carbonate and Salt
Mix half a tablespoon of carbonate and half a tablespoon of salt in half a cup of warm water. Gargle several times a day with this mixture.
Among other things, this tea is good for sore throat. Chamomile tea relaxes you, is good for stomach pains and warms you on cold days.
To combat throat infection, gargle with 3% hydrogen peroxide. If it tastes too bad, you can dilute it with an equal amount of water.
Other Home Treatments for Sore Throat
- Boil three lemon leaves per cup of water for 10 minutes. Then reduce the fever and add a tablespoon of honey. To cool it slowly without cooling. You can gargle five times a day with lemon juice mixed with water or honey. Because lemon influences your teeth, do not forget to brush your teeth after using this mixture.
- Prepare a bandage of a tablespoon of chamomile leaves and two cups of boiling water. For this, put the leaves in water and cook for a few minutes and remove with a cloth. Squeeze the cloth thoroughly and apply it to your neck until it cools down. Repeat this several times a day.
- Prepare a mixture using 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 cup pomegranate, 1 cup low-fat yogurt, half a cup of blueberries and a half cup of sliced bananas. Mix all ingredients in the blender until a homogeneous mixture is achieved and mix twice a day.
- Slice 1 onion and add it to half a liter of water. Add three tablespoons of sugar and let it away for 12 hours. Every two hours, drink a cup until your sore throat is gone.
- Prepare a vegetable juice with 2 carrots, 4 celery stalks, 1 garlic clove, and 1/4 fennel. Mix well in the blender and drink twice a day.
- Boil 25 grams of strawberries, 700 milliliters of water and 30 grams of strawberry leaves for 15 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon of honey. Strain it and put it in the refrigerator in a sealed bottle. Gargle every 45 minutes.
- Wash and slice a handful of parsley, one onion and one clove of garlic. Blend the mixture until it reaches a homogeneous paste consistency and drinks one glass per day.