Healthy Chicken Recipes
Healthy Chicken recipes
Oven made Chicken Suya
Healthy Chicken Recipes Suya is one African way meat types are spiced with ingredient to meet our healthy chicken needs. If you take a bite and detest it, probably, something is wrong with your taste buds. I love it and want you to try it yourself; you’ll see why people always want it.
Chicken Suya is a type of skewered meat usually made by vendors across different countries. You don’t have to wait for any vendor again before you eat your lovely skewered ‘Chicken Suya’. The grilled type is the commonest type of chicken Suya but you might not have access to that. This should not stop you from getting to eat your chicken Suya whenever you need to take a healthy chicken. Oven made type of Chicken Suya is easier to make compare to the grilled type and the ingredients needed are the same.
Healthy Chicken recipes needed for the Chicken Suya
Ingredients for the Oven made Chicken Suya
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast or 2 pounds depending on your needs
- 1 tsp. of dry grinded chili pepper or Suya pepper
- 1-2 tbsps. of peanut oil or groundnut oil (anyone available to you)
- salt to season
- 1 cucumber
- 1/2 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cube of Maggi
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder
- Foil paper with bamboo skewers
This is easy to make and a healthy way to get it right with your chicken piece (whole chicken or part chicken). To get the best out of the listed ingredient, you need to make in a specified way.
Kindly check and follow these steps to get it right
- You have to first slice the chicken to smaller sizes depending on the sizes you want. Wash it properly and pat the chicken dry.
- Soak the bamboo skewers in water before use, and clean
- Slice the onion into pieces so that you can add easily to the chicken
- Fit the chicken slices into the bamboo skewer,
- Mix all the spices and seasoning together in a plate (salt, curry powder, Maggi, grinded chili pepper, or Suya pepper),
- Season the chicken pieces with the mixed spices (ensure the chicken is fully rubbed with the mixed spices). This can be done using a flat plate.
- Then, Add onion pieces to the seasoned chicken pieces on the bamboo skewer
- The foil paper should be grease with the vegetable oil before spreading on the baking tray
- Place spiced chicken on the sprayed tray
Notes before baking
Since you are doing this yourself, you have to be conscious of the mode of baking such as the temperature mode you have to place and the timing, in order to make it healthy chicken suya.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 Degrees Fahrenheit (About 176 Degrees Celsius) for just 15 minutes.
- After checking this, You will then have to change to the other side to bake for another time of 15 minutes
The cucumber slices and the garlic cloves can then be added to the served skewered Chicken Suya. This serving mode will make it perfect for you to enjoy. I’m sure you will always want to try it again.