Breast Cancer : Sympthoms And Treatments
The most common type of cancer in women, breast cancer disease, diagnosis and treatment in the last 20 years in terms of great progress has been made. Breast Cancer is caused by uncontrolled proliferation of milk-forming cells that form the milk channel in breast tissue. Breast cancer constitutes 33% of cancers in women. It threatens 20% of all cancer patients.
80 percent of breast cancers are invasive ductal carcinoma. Invasive ductal carcinoma indicates that breast cancer occurs in milk channels. 20 percent of breast cancer is invasive lobular carcinoma. In this type, breast cancer develops not in the milk ducts but in the milk glands. The cells that cause breast cancer take a long time to grow and grow. However, after proliferation, cells can spread through lymph and blood to other organs of the body. The most important in breast cancer is the diagnosis of cancer without spreading to other organs by blood and lymphatic pathways. The rate of treatment with this diagnosis is very high. Therefore, early diagnosis is very important in breast cancer.
What Are The Symptoms of Breast Cancer?
Knowing the symptoms of breast cancer is very important for catching breast cancer in the early stage and for the success of the treatment. Among the symptoms of breast cancer, the most prominent is the palpable mass. The mass can also be under the armpit.
If the mass is enlarged, pulling the nipple inward is one of the symptoms of breast cancer. Although it is very rare, bloody or bloodless discharge from the nipple may also indicate breast cancer. If the tumor causing breast cancer becomes too large, edema occurs in the breast skin and swelling may occur. At the same time, redness and orange appearance are the symptoms of breast cancer. If breast cancer has spread, complaints about the area of spread can be seen.
Recognizing Breast Cancer Symptoms
It is very important in order to prevent the progression of breast cancer. Therefore, one needs to know their breast structure and know the risk factors. In order to recognize the signs of breast cancer, every woman should begin to perform her own breast examination after the age of 20 years. Self-breast examination 5-7 days after the end of menstruation; women who do not have menstrual period should be seen once a month.
Breast cancer symptoms can be listed as follows;
- Generally painless, rigid structure on the breast
- Breast; usually painless, rigid structure, moveable or dislocated, can grow over time and character in the structure of the swell.
- Visibly visible, breast size or shape.
- Redness of the breast skin, bruising, wounds, vasodilation, inward depression, common small bumps, orange peel appearance, such as spot shrinkage.
- In and around the nipple, change in color and shape, enlargement at the nipple, flattening, inward slump, shifting direction, crusting, cracks and wounds.
- Bloody or bloodless discharge from the nipple.
- Painful or painless swellings that can be seen under the arm, noticeable by hand