Are you getting more frustrated, anger and despair? There is a middle age crisis in men, just like in women. Menopause in women is called ‘andropause’ in men. Many wives have changed their wife, even strange; He talks about buying a sports car, wrinkle creams, and sports. The middle age period is the period in which the man experiences many hormonal and psychological changes.
In this period, which is evident between the ages of 45 and 50, men drift with emotions such as frustration, anger, and despair, and show behavior changes when they realize that their youth years are behind.
At this stage, men are proof that they do not age psychologically. Psychological changes in this process called andropause may affect the family order. It is known that marriages that have lasted for years come to an end. However, it should not be forgotten that understanding and attitude between spouses are very important in overcoming this period.
Despite the widespread use of the term andropause is not a very accurate definition. Although the reproductive characteristics of menopause are completely and acute in women, the reproductive capacity in men may persist despite advancing age.
In this context, and androgen deficiency in aging men is a more accurate definition than andropause. In men aged 39-70 years, serum free testosterone levels have been shown to drop by about 1.2.2% per year.
ARTIFICIAL HORMONE CAN BE GIVEN
In approximately 25-50% of men over the age of 65, bioavailable testosterone levels are reduced and symptoms that require androgen replacement therapy are needed.
Of course, regardless of age, genetic disorders, obesity, various hormonal imbalances (growth hormone, thyroid hormones, insulin), alcohol, stress, and chronic diseases can also cause a drop in blood testosterone levels.
In men, the decrease in the level of testosterone in the blood, called the male hormone, is called andropause due to aging. The andropause period in which the testosterone hormone decreases in men is not only a period of psychological and sexual changes but also some health problems. Because the hormone testosterone is not only a hormone that controls sexual function.
Muscles play an important role in bone density and in the production of red blood cells. It is a time when heart attacks threaten men. The women who are aware of this period can create good crisis management by providing psychological support to their spouses and a healthy and quality life planning.
What are the symptoms of Andropause?
Not all men exhibit these symptoms very clearly. Men begin to experience hormonal changes starting in their mid-30s, and with age, hormone balance gradually deteriorates. A decrease in sexual desire and sexual dysfunction begins to appear.
Reluctance, loss of motivation, a decline in the immune system, loss of energy, fatigue, muscle loss follows the process. It becomes more pronounced since the 50s The age at which andropause occurs varies from person to person.
Symptoms of andropause:
- Fatigue-excessive sleep or insomnia
- Sudden flushes
- Weight gain, waist circumference, and breast fat
- Muscle and joint pain, loss of strength
- Fat around the waist circumference, abdomen, and breasts.
- Concentration disorder
- Decreased sexual desire
- Sexual dysfunction
- Nervousness, tension, depressive mood
- Slimming in memory
WHAT TO DO?
If you are in doubt about andropause, a simple blood test will enlighten you. In the diagnosis of andropause, androgen (male hormone) ratio will be determined. During this period you should see the urologist should avoid hearing medications from the ear.
For some men, this process can be a period of psychological degradation. If you are faced with such problems, you should get doctor support.
- Healthy eating and sport are possible to beat andropause. Lack of androgen hormones can cause changes in body structure. Obesity, thyroid, imbalance of insulin hormones, alcohol, stress, chronic diseases cause a decrease in blood testosterone level. High quality of life, healthy and balanced diet, sports, alcohol, smoking and stress-free life will protect you from the effects of andropause.
- Remember that you should not lose weight or lose muscle density during this period. You should choose foods that are friendly to your heart and avoid stress, especially alcohol and cigarettes, and things that will reduce your quality of life.
- Vegetable and fruit-based nutrition system will provide you with the vitamins and antioxidants you need. Fish, green, pepper, carrot, spinach, cereals. Include dairy products, cereals, green leafy vegetables, and fruit in your daily diet. Omega 3 and B vitamins are important vitamins in this period. Prefer soy, olive oil and canola oil.
- Osteoporosis is a condition that can occur with andropause. For this reason, it will be useful to have calcium-rich foods in the nutrition principle. Milk, yogurt, cheese, molasses, sesame, hazelnut, peanut, green leafy vegetables, dried legumes, and dried fruits.