10 Proven Benefits Of Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is one of the most commonly known vinegar in the world. Its popularity can be attributed to its usefulness in natural health. The advantages of apple cider vinegar to a healthy lifestyle is numerous (Natural Standard, 2010). It is believed that increased consumption of apple cider vinegar helps to improve the general well-being of an individual.
- Regulation of blood sugar content: One of the many benefits of apple cider vinegar is its ability to help regulate the sugar level in the blood. The intake of Apple cider vinegar has been found by research to have the capacity of reducing the blood sugar content of diabetic patients. One of such studies was carried by the Department of Nutrition in Para-medical school, University of Medical sciences in Iran. The study discovered that giving apple cider vinegar to rats significantly reduced their blood sugar levels(Department of Nutrition, University of Medical Sciences. Iran, 2008).
- Increases weight loss: Apple cider vinegar is also very useful in reducing the body weight. The consumption of apple cider vinegar is believed to help in the curb of obesity(Central Reseach Institute, Mizkhan Group Corporation, Japan, 2009). A research that was carried out by the Central Research Institute in Japan in 2009 discovered that intake of apple cider vinegar helps to reduce weight loss. It found out that test subjects lost more than 4 pounds in 12 weeks of consumption of apple cider vinegar.
- Reduction of the cholesterol level in the body: Cholesterol which is body fats causes blockages in the arteries and causes pressure the heart. Apple cider vinegar has been proven to significantly lower the level of cholesterol in the body. The research by Department of Nutrition in University of Medical sciences in Iran discovered that putting apple cider vinegar in food of rats helps to reduce the level of cholesterol in the body (Department of Nutrition, University of Medical Sciences. Iran, 2008).
- Improvement in skin health: Apple cider vinegar also helps to improve the overall well-being of the skin. The use of apple cider vinegar helps to cure acne and reduce the level of scars on the body. A research by the Nokano Centre of Research institute in Japan found out that apple cider vinegar contains strong antibacterial contents that is efficient in fighting against bacterial diseases on the skin(Nakano Central Research Institute of Nakano Vinegar Company Limited, 1998).
- Helps to control blood pressure: A research by the department of Pharmacology, University of Yamanashi in Japan discovered that the main constituent of apple cider vinegar which is acetic acid helps to reduce the level of blood pressure in the body. High blood pressure which is one of the major causes of heart diseases can be controlled through the use of Apple cider vinegar.(Department of Pharmacology, University of Yamanshi. Japan, 2005)
- Helps to get rid of acid reflux: Acid reflux is the return of acid from the stomach to the throat. One of the major causes of acid reflux is the lack of stomach acids in the body. Consumption of apple cider vinegar helps to introduce more acid to the stomach and reduce the incidence of acid reflux in the body(Natural Standard, 2010).
- Detoxification: Apple cider helps in the elimination of harmful substances in the human body. Apple cider vinegar helps to remove the destructive enzymes in the body which can cause damage to the human body. Apple cider vinegar helps to encourage body metabolism and removal of toxic products from the body. It does this by helping in the redox reactions in the body(Natural Standard, 2010).
- Helps in preservation: Another benefit of apple cider vinegar to man is that it helps in preservation of food. Research by the Nakano Central Research Institute in Japan discovered that acetic acid in apple cider vinegar fights against pathogens in food substances and stops them from spreading thereby helping to preserve the food(Nakano Central Research Institute of Nakano Vinegar Company Limited, 1998).
- Helps to control growth of cancer cells: Results from controlled laboratory experiments shows that vinegar helps to limit the growth cancer cells in the body. Research by the Department of Biotechnology in the University of Yamanshi Japan confirms that the introduction of vinegar into the leukemia cells in the body helps to slow the rate of development of tumors (Department of Pharmacology, University of Yamanshi. Japan, 2005).
- Helps to kill germs: The apple cider vinegars possesses robust antibacterial properties that helps to kill germs. This has led to its use as a body deodorant in killing of bacteria under the armpit. Mixing apple cider vinegars with water in domestic cleaning helps to kill germs at home(Natural Standard, 2010).
Central Reseach Institute, Mizkhan Group Corporation, Japan, 2009. Vinega Intake Reduces Body Weight,Body Fat Mass and Serum Triglyceride levels in Obese Japanese Subjects. US National Library of Medicine, 73(8), pp. 1837-1843.
Department of Biotechnology, University of Yamanshi, Japan, 2004. Induction of Apopstosis in Human Leukemia Cells by Naturally Fermented Sugar Cane Vinegar of Amami Oshima Island. US National Library of Medicine, 22(1-4), pp. 93-97.
Department of Nutrition, University of Medical Sciences. Iran, 2008. Apple Cider Vinegar Attenuates Lipid Profiles in Normal and Diabetic Rats. US National Library of Medicine, 11(23), pp. 2634-2638.
Department of Pharmacology, University of Yamanshi. Japan, 2005. A Red Wine Vinegar Beverage can Inhibit the Renin Angiostensin System: Experimental Evidence in Vivo. US National Library of Science, 28(7), pp. 1208-1210.
Nakano Central Research Institute of Nakano Vinegar Company Limited, 1998. Anti-Bacterial Action of Vinegar Against Food Borne Pathogenic Bacteria. US National Library of Medicine, 61(8), pp. 953-959.
Natural Standard, 2010. “Apple Cider Vinegar”. In: U. C.E, ed. Natural Standard Herb and Supplement Guide: An Evidence based Reference. s.l.:Elsevier.